The Fresh Market

www.thefreshmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Don't peel back the layers, it stinks under there

Current Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

20% discount. Variety of co-workers

Cons

No communication. I subscribed to customers email just to get information. LOW salary. Low morale. This company is ripe for union formation!!

ask your low-end workers, listen and react!

487 Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

This fresh market is unlike the others we are told.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

Fun customer relations, ensuring quality products, and enjoyable co-workers to work with are the only pro of this job.

Cons

The cons are overwhelming. Incompetent senior management and the inability to run a buisiness. Issues are not taken care of in a timely manner and raises are often forgot. Many people are treated unfairly and money is the only care.

I recommend senior management works extensively on their communication among employees, especially department heads. Things are often chaotic and employees have a very low morale.

A good opportunity to network

Current Employee - Front End Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Front End Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

20% discount
    You meet a lot of people who you will most likely continue to be friends with even though you don't work together on a daily basis.
    Fun enviroment

Cons

There is very poor communication starting all the way from the corporate level. It's like playing telephone when you were a kid. It starts out as one direction and then by the time it reaches the dept heads (which are the true workhorses of the stores) it's something completely different and makes absolutely no sense. There needs to be better uniformity throughout the company and in stores.

Focus on your people. And I don't mean just the one's at corporate office, I mean the one's who are in your stores daily making things happen. Everybody has a responsibility here and it doesn't matter how small the job, it's still important. Don't forget that. Now that we are a public company i can only imagine how much more greedy this company may become and they will eventually lose sight of the one's who help earn them those numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market