There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Stable employer in a stable industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

The Fresh Market is not a perfect employer, but they are stable, conservative and have a strong track record. Continued growth should mean continued employment.

Cons

I think most people would agree that TFM pays its employees below market wages and has below market benefits. This likely has an impact on moral, loyalty and TFM's ability to attract the best and brightest employees for its stores.

Advice to Management

Become more progressive when it comes to employee compensation at all levels. It doesn't all have to be salary either if you provide meaningful compensation in other forms.

reviews filtered by

ok place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Produce Manager in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Produce Manager in Normal, IL

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

Decent pay compared to other entry level retail jobs and benefits.

Cons

Upper management is horrible and overwork employees. Management is allowed to talk down to and belittle employees with no real HR department on the store level.

Let the implosion begin...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at The Fresh Market

Pros

It provides a paycheck...you get a 20% discount on merchandise...there's really not much else that I can come up with...

Cons

Wow...let's see...archaic pay caps, the absolute worst benefits package that I have ever seen, micromanagement from the corporate level as well as the store level, lack of positive reinforcement, outrageous hours for the salaried personnel, lack of training, lack of morale, increasing responsibilities on all staff with no increase in compensation, the constant threat of a write-up / walking on eggshells all day, do I really need to go on?

Advice to Management

All of this would fall on dead ears at the store level, as certain things roll downhill; a lot of the pressure on the store management is brought on by corporate micromanaging them. My advice to corporate is probably irrelevant as they have fooled themselves into thinking they are running things the right way even though they know what the morale level of their stores is.

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market