There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Laughable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

The people you get to work with. Sometimes, they're the only reason to come in.

Cons

Oh boy, where do I even begin. Management is clueless, under ridiculous time constraints from "corporate," (the faceless, heartless,bureacracy of TFM) they won't give you a penny, but god help you if you need time off. Prepare to work plenty of overtime, and then be forced to cut it so that you don't earn any of your pay! Threats are the word of the day, being applied liberally, so that employees meet assigned goals. Etc.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers! Pay better! Offer incentives/benefits! Give SOME training! The list goes on...

reviews filtered by

TFM as a whole does not value their employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

Nice environment for working.
    Somewhat flexible hours.
    20% discount for employees on purchases as a benefit.
    Fairly decent benefits package.

Cons

Upper management is incompetent at best. Leadership skills are lacking including treating employees with respect and team player skills. Leadership is clueless as to what is going on in the departments. Departements are understaffed and some employees are working without time off. One staff memeber here at the Roanoke,VA store has worked over 65 days straight w/o a day off. Store management drag their feet at replacing lost empoyees and fail to reward long term employees who are hard workers. They allow the same staff to come in late (30 to 60 minutes late) for their shifts w/o reprecussions. Long term employees have no incentive for continuing in their positions due to failure to give raises. They say you are capped off after only 1 year in your position!

Advice to Management

Value your employees and reward them for a job well done! Sales are up in our Roanoke store year after year and yet the employees see no reward or increase in pay or staffing. It is no wonder their is such a high turn around in staff here!

2. Training was good one full month of shadowing for me it was positive.

Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at The Fresh Market

Pros

The people I worked with very friendly. The customers were repeat customers so a overall friendly environment. Always very busy.

Cons

The long hours were not conducive to raising a family. We were always busy it never felt like we were getting ahead. Was also not allowed to leave early for dr appt

Advice to Management

Tfm needs to learn how to teach store management on every level how to be a more family friendly place to work they do not care what goes on in their employees lives learn to be more considerate and compassionate!

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market