The Fresh Market

www.thefreshmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Laughable.

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

The people you get to work with. Sometimes, they're the only reason to come in.

Cons

Oh boy, where do I even begin. Management is clueless, under ridiculous time constraints from "corporate," (the faceless, heartless,bureacracy of TFM) they won't give you a penny, but god help you if you need time off. Prepare to work plenty of overtime, and then be forced to cut it so that you don't earn any of your pay! Threats are the word of the day, being applied liberally, so that employees meet assigned goals. Etc.

Hire better managers! Pay better! Offer incentives/benefits! Give SOME training! The list goes on...

455 Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

Training was good one full month of shadowing for me it was positive.

Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at The Fresh Market

Pros

The people I worked with very friendly. The customers were repeat customers so a overall friendly environment. Always very busy.

Cons

The long hours were not conducive to raising a family. We were always busy it never felt like we were getting ahead. Was also not allowed to leave early for dr appt

Tfm needs to learn how to teach store management on every level how to be a more family friendly place to work they do not care what goes on in their employees lives learn to be more considerate and compassionate!

Stable employer in a stable industry

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

The Fresh Market is not a perfect employer, but they are stable, conservative and have a strong track record. Continued growth should mean continued employment.

Cons

I think most people would agree that TFM pays its employees below market wages and has below market benefits. This likely has an impact on moral, loyalty and TFM's ability to attract the best and brightest employees for its stores.

Become more progressive when it comes to employee compensation at all levels. It doesn't all have to be salary either if you provide meaningful compensation in other forms.

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market