The Fresh Market

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Pretty good overall

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Gainesville, FL
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Gainesville, FL

I worked at The Fresh Market full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In the Deli, it was pretty chill. Not much drama, everyone did what they were there to do and we were good. Pay was ok, I made $8.50 starting out, and I got a .25 raise within 3 months.

Cons

Management ruled like an iron fist. There were some managers that I really liked, some that I didn't. But that is retail for you.

Relax on your employees a bit

454 Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

Its just groceries, lets relax a little bit.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at The Fresh Market full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well....its hard to say exactly what the pros are as there were not a lot. The 20% discount on groceries is nice.

Cons

Uneducated staff, meager pay, hours, way to much paperwork. 5 am inventories are just brutal. Not exactly stressful but it finds ways to be so.

Communicate

Save yourself --- RUN from this company !!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time

Pros

You can wear jeans and gym shoes...THATS ALL FOLKS !!!

Cons

WAY too demanding for the crappy pay and even MORE crappy benefits...They do not pay 1 red cent to the medical plans therefore making the average cost of a husband and wife @ $400 a MONTH and NOT 1 single PAID holiday...NOT EVEN FOR THE THREE THEY ARE CLOSED !!! Don't even think about sick pay or personal leave b/c they do NOT exist!!! Management will criticize your work now and teach you later. Management also would rather spend time writing you up for something petty instead of helping you improve your job skill !!! I just wish that corporate actually knew what it was like for us "bottomfeeders" to work our butts off so they could sit on theirs all day.

For the "corporate" management...come WORK 1 day in EACH department under OUR conditions (even the pay) and see if YOU think it's worth it. You want "quality" people on your staff then start appretiating what we all do for you. Also why don't you start compensating those quality people you want and give us better benefits. As for the "store level" managent, start backing up what you tell your staff you are going to do for them (helping them, dept. head breakfasts, listening etc.) and maybe, just maybe you might actually get a positve result !!!

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market