There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

The produce is great, the people... not so much

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Cashier in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Fresh Market full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Above minimum wage - As a cashier I received plenty of breaks - Sampling different foods and interacting with customers who love gourmet foods

Cons

- A total lack of accountability on the part of management - I was harrassed by one manager and complained multiple times and the issue was never fixed - this occured at the Fresh Market in Baltimore on Quarry Lake Dr. - some of the managers are understanding but for the most part there are a lot of untrustworthy people who take advantage of people who work under them (i.e. questionable behavior, unprofessional language, and harassment)

They need to follow through with complaints made by employees. I wasn't the only person who had difficulty with some of the managers and even after people complained nothing happened. The work environment was very clique-y and that's why people got away with inappropriate behavior.

391 Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

I like what I do at the Fresh Market, the people I work with, and the atmosphere. But not management.

Current Employee - AM Baker
    Current Employee - AM Baker

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time for less than a year

Pros

A warm, friendly environment to work in for the most part. I like the people I work with, I like the job that I do as an AM baker. The pay is decent, and there are benefits, opportunities to advance and travel.

Cons

The biggest con is that there are major problems with micromanaging. It has destroyed the store, and has driven so many employees away to find new jobs.

Don't micromanage. Let the department managers do what they are trained to do.

This is a very stable job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at The Fresh Market full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits, great sense of community, and a discount on groceries!

Cons

Sometimes difficult to move up because of seniority issues.

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!