There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

The produce is great, the people... not so much

Former Employee - Cashier in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Cashier in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Fresh Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Above minimum wage - As a cashier I received plenty of breaks - Sampling different foods and interacting with customers who love gourmet foods

Cons

- A total lack of accountability on the part of management - I was harrassed by one manager and complained multiple times and the issue was never fixed - this occured at the Fresh Market in Baltimore on Quarry Lake Dr. - some of the managers are understanding but for the most part there are a lot of untrustworthy people who take advantage of people who work under them (i.e. questionable behavior, unprofessional language, and harassment)

Advice to Management

They need to follow through with complaints made by employees. I wasn't the only person who had difficulty with some of the managers and even after people complained nothing happened. The work environment was very clique-y and that's why people got away with inappropriate behavior.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I like what I do at the Fresh Market, the people I work with, and the atmosphere. But not management.

Current Employee - AM Baker
    Current Employee - AM Baker

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A warm, friendly environment to work in for the most part. I like the people I work with, I like the job that I do as an AM baker. The pay is decent, and there are benefits, opportunities to advance and travel.

Cons

The biggest con is that there are major problems with micromanaging. It has destroyed the store, and has driven so many employees away to find new jobs.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage. Let the department managers do what they are trained to do.

Loved the people and products, but company pay scales are anything but competitive.

I worked at The Fresh Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

20% discount on products, friendly and helpful coworkers because they are in the same boat. Store management really tries hard to work with your schedule

Cons

Low pay rates, unresponsive or irresponsible upper management. Ridiculous hours and schedules because of ridiculous forecasts for hours vs sales

Advice to Management

Show more concern for the people who make your massive salaries possible.