The Fresh Market

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Cashier in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Cashier in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at The Fresh Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice, pay is high for a high school student, raises are given after 3 months, generous 20% employee discount, a lot of free food, VERY flexible scheduling

Cons

None I can think of except they messed up my paycheck the first month and a half, but I was fully paid. Didn't really matter since I don't have bills to pay as a teenager.

450 Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

My experience has been great so far

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

WONDERFUL advancement opportunities, management has always treated me well, including corporate - and the ones who don't usually just don't like the job and don't end up staying very long. I have worked here more than a year and overall, I really like this company. I like working in a specialty food environment, and helping the customers find what they are looking for. I learn something new every day. I look forward to continue my career here! :-)

Cons

Benefits could be better.
    I like to wear a lot of colors and dress code calls for white, grey, brown, or black under shirt :/ maybe consider changing it to wearing only solid colors!

When you hire outside of the store for Store Management, consider putting them on a 90 day test run, to see how they treat people, and see if the job is right for them. Give them the job after they accept the conditions in the store, and don't be afraid to ask specialists/Dept heads their opinion of them! Alot of ASMs don't stay because they thought the job was something different.. promised 40 hr weeks (end up w 50+), and store manager (location change) possibly with in a year. They end up being let down, just tell 'em how it is. You gotta work and prove yourself and there always is possibility for advancement, but w very hard work and persistence. Nothing is handed to you at this company, so don't fool people into the job -- It ends up not being good for anyone.

If I could give a negative star I would

Former Employee - Cashier Produce Bakery in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier Produce Bakery in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Fresh Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the best co-workers I've ever met were at TFM, we were like one big happy family till corporate/management became ridiculously strict.

Cons

Every TFM is different but...The main thing is the unbelievable stress level. It looks like a nice place but once you've been there a month you'll realize you'll be doing the work of 3 people. They don't hire enough workers because they can make more money that way. My last week working there they had me closing 2 departments all by myself (we were super short staffed because everybody was walking off the job). No raises, once you get $9 a hour that's what they call "topping out." It doesn't matter if you've been there for years or have kids to feed that's all you'll ever make (unless you move up to management). Management but mainly corporate is the problem. They have no idea what they are doing and come down on you with the hammer of Thor over there being a leaf (yes, literally a leaf) on the ground. Corporate is ridiculously stressful. They will scream at you in front of customers then turn around and have the nerve to tell you about how they have 3 houses ect. Like most companies it's profit over people. :(

Be reasonable, be respectful, don't be another wall-mart.

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market