The Fresh Market

www.thefreshmarket.com
  www.thefreshmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Every Store is different...

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to learn "on your feet" skills, to keep up with the constantly changing stories; discount; networking; customers normally decent people.

Cons

Limited engagement, zero follow through, single-issue management, fraudulent claims by management/corporate on policy.

I've worked for a few powerhouse grocers before. This place has too many good things going for it for you to screw it up. Set a goal, enact a policy, and stick to it. Recognize each store is different, and has way different needs. Oh, and don't tell your long timers that the skills earned here will do them good either within or without the company. That's tantamount to telling us you don's really care if we stay or go.

454 Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

I work in the meat dept. I learned a lot there about meat.

Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn from those who have been there. The people there are very knowledgeable.

Cons

THEY DONT WANT TO PAY YOU OVERTIME!!!! THEY RATHER SEND YOU HOME!!!

Simple give OT!

Company was better before we became publicly traded

Current Employee - ASM
    Current Employee - ASM

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Store locations, co-workers, discount. Relationships between management and employees. Caring managers, who often take the heat for defending their employees when they are abused by customers.

Cons

Rude and disrespectful RDO's, who have no human emotions, the lack of respect for staff, treat your employees like you treat your customers and trust that sometimes the customers aren't always telling you the truth, just trying to get something for nothing and you reward them with out any hesitation. Unrealistic expectations, corporate micromanaging. Company out of touch with reality and the changes that need to take place to be successful in todays society. You spend all of this money sending people all over the country to help train but, you won't spend money to upgrade older stores with obsolete equipment. Give the stores the proper equipment to do the job that you require them to do. Sales Sales Sales that all you ever hear but constantly hours are being cut which doesn't allow us the manpower to give great service which may possibly increase sales. WE CAN NOT FORCE THE CUSTOMERS TO PURCHASE ITEMS. THERE ARE SEVERAL FACTORS THAT PLAY A ROLL IN SALES OTHER THAN US JUST NOT WANTING TO DO OUR JOBS WHICH IS HOW YOU GUYS ACT, FOR STARTERS PRICING ( WE ARE WAY OVER PRICED), WEATHER, PRODUCT, PEOPLE WANTING TO DO ONE STOP STOPPING ( THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT WE DON'T SELL) TRY REMEMBERING THAT. Give credit to your store management for putting up with you and not walking out of the door. Oh please don't let me forget the retaliation from DM's and especially RDO's when you don't agree with them. (PREPARE TO BE DOCUMENTED BECAUSE THEY ARE NEVER WRONG) ONCE YOU DO YOUR DONE WITH THE FRESH MARKET SO WHEN YOU SPEAK TO HR AND THEY TELL THAT THER IS NO RETALIATION FOR REPORTING IMPROPER BEHAVIOR DON'T BELIEVE THEM YOUR ON YOUR WAY TO TERMINATION.

DECREASE THE SALARIES OF THOSE LAZY FOLKS AT CORPORATE OFFICE (MOST WHO MAKE HIGH 6 FIGURES) AND INCREASE THE SALARIES OF THE STORE PERSONNEL WHO WORK TIRELESSLY DAY IN AND DAY OUT TO GENERATE SALES AND MAKE YOUR POCKETS FAT!! SHOW SOME CONCERN FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES WHO MUST WORK EVERY HOLIDAY WHILE CORPORATE FOLKS GET OFF EARLY OR GET OFF ON HOLIDAYS. TELL CORPORATE TO NOT ACT AS IF WE ARE INTERFERING WITH THEIR DOWN TIME WHEN WE NEED ASSISTANCE WITH A PROBLEM. STOP BLAMING THE STORE LEVEL MANAGEMENT WHEN YOU MAKE MISTAKES JUST OWN THEM LIKE WE HAVE TO. COMPANY WAS MUCH BETTER PLACE TO WORK FOR BEFORE IT BECAME PUBLICLY TRADED, NOW ALL YOU EVER HEAR ABOUT IS GROSS AND SALES AND NEVER A HOW ARE YOU OR AN IS THERE SOMETHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU. WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE ABOVE STORE LEVEL MAKING WAY TOO MUCH MONEY TO JUST BE ABUSIVE TO THE HELP. LEARN HOW TO SEAK TO AND ABOUT PEOPLE IT MIGHT GET YOU FAR.

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market