Get it together fresh market!

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Cashier in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

People look after everyone, nice people good pay, OK hours unless sells are down not much else its a job

Cons

Went though 3 managers in 3 years, one now its heartless, If sells are down everyone pays for it, notfun

GET IT TOGETHER!

Other Reviews for The Fresh Market

. the only thing i am not happy with is it is very difficult to terminate an employee

Current Employee - Bakery Manager  in  Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Bakery Manager in Naples, FL

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

fairly easy going very understanding of scheduling issues

Cons

getting a raise is difficult

give managers some flexibility when it comes to marketing the upper management sometimes gives you the feeling that they think you are not very smart by some of the answers you get when you ask about the logic behind their logic

Good store level people. bad corporate environment.

Current Employee - Employee  in  Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

Most of the pros come from the cons. Every employee realizes within 30 days (or sooner) where they stand while working at the Fresh Market, that means most employees at the store level will look out for one another. The pay is middle of the road. Most of the management is very easy going with the employees and will work with them.

Cons

Corporate, corporate, corporate. No one at the Greenboro corp office gives a hoot about the store employees. We are the scapegoats to their mistakes. They change the handbook so often, you'd think the federal government was in charge. It is impossible to think on corporates level, no one is that stupid. If you need to call them about anything, be prepared to be spoken to like a child. No respect is shown. I don't believe anyone at corporate has EVER worked for retail before. If sales are down, cut hours!!! At 6pm, the store has about 11 employees working in it. If a customer asks an employee about an item or service, we have to make up an answer because corporate doesn't have a answer. I'm surprised this company still operates.

This will and has fallen on deaf ears: Listen to your employees, we have a firm grasp of what we are doing and the knowledge to make it happen. Increase the rates of pay. You have people that know more than their job dictates and make $8 an hour.

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market.

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!