There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Get it together fresh market!

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Cashier in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

People look after everyone, nice people good pay, OK hours unless sells are down not much else its a job

Cons

Went though 3 managers in 3 years, one now its heartless, If sells are down everyone pays for it, notfun

GET IT TOGETHER!

381 Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

. the only thing i am not happy with is it is very difficult to terminate an employee

Current Employee - Bakery Manager  in  Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Bakery Manager in Naples, FL

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

fairly easy going very understanding of scheduling issues

Cons

getting a raise is difficult

give managers some flexibility when it comes to marketing the upper management sometimes gives you the feeling that they think you are not very smart by some of the answers you get when you ask about the logic behind their logic

Very Poor Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at The Fresh Market

Pros

Easy to take time off, other employees easy to get along with, free sampling, discount for employees.... I don't know what else to say it used to be ok to work their but new management is so bad

Cons

Management is bad.... The play favorites and give the jobs to people that full out don't do their jobs, I look around the store and it seems to me anyway that this place does not like to promote people of ethnic background, also have heard sexist comments from managers saying women cant do the work as well as the guys. If you have an issue with anything that requires management, it can take a while if your not in their face every day about any kind of issue.

you dont get a $1 extra on sundays they took that away, and cutting hours while increasing the workload, very low morale... why is someone going to work hard if he cant get a promotion because he is not a favorite? If you need anthing from management they always get in a pissy attitude because they had to do their job.

Expect alot of backstabbing and retaliation from the higer ups. I see them even do it each other most of the time

Grow up. give the people who work hard the promotion and they can help run your store better give everyone an equal opportunity and dont fuss about having to do your own job and look over something... thats what you are paid to do!

There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!