www.gap.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC

I worked at The Gap

Pros

Unlike employees at many other retail stores, persons working at the Gap will only have an on-call time at the end of regularly scheduled hours. Also, management is required to inform you of your on-call status well before you are scheduled to leave.

The Gap offers a great discount program that includes percentages off at Bannana Republic, Old Navy and Piperlime.Com. They also offer monthly coupons for employees to get new items for a very, very low pricce.

Cons

The visual standards are very high, so if you don't like to be detailed this is not the store for you! The managers will not hold you over your regularly scheduled time, but they may ask if you can stay until the store has been perfected. If you are scheduled late at night or early in the morning, be prepared to do a lot of straightening and stocking!

The Gap needs better overall training for it's managers. I had a great store experience because I had a great management team. I know of at least one other store where the employees, though well treated, are not as lucky as I was!

1761 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

Above Average Job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at The Gap

Pros

The employee discount is awesome-being able to use it at all 3 brands Gap Inc. owns. Gap managers are some of the most well-rounded managers in the business. They get their feet wet in all aspects of running a business-managing employees, owning/running the business aspect, HR, etc. In these economic times it is nice to work for a very stable company.

Cons

Due to the fact that it is such a large company sometimes it feels very "corporatey."

Try and look at it from the store's perspective more often than you sitting in your little office. Sometimes it seems like they don't make the connection.

Neutral.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Gap

Pros

The merchandise discount is phenomenal across all company brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic). The employees and management are generally kind and willing to listen, however are often busy and frown on fraternizing in the workplace.

Cons

Late closing hours, early opening hours, gossipy coworkers.

Be honest with employees about problems and inefficiencies.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap