The Gap
3.3 of 5 1,344 reviews
www.gap.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

A good, if sometimes frustrating place to work. You could do a lot worse.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Gap

ProsDynamic workplace with lots of energetic, talented people. High ethical standards. Gap is about as good a corporate citizen as there is out there. Talented individuals who are willing to conform to the company's culture have good possibility for advancement. Good benefits with an awesome vacation policy. The clothing discounts are nice--your closet will be overflowing within a couple of years. Obviously, attire is very casual. Seems like everyone here is in their 20s and 30s.

ConsA little "too" PC, annual bonuses are a roll of the dice. Long hours and tons of meetings. The company hasn't been doing well, and retail is highly volatile so there are layoffs. Seems like everyone here is in their 20s and 30s.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe work so hard to squeeze the last bit of margin out of mediocre product. Get some better product and everything else will come naturally.

Good company, kind of a "scene", work long hours. But the pay is good.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at The Gap

Pros: Cool people, and it's the GAP! Pays well too. I think the company is well organized with efficient processes in place. … Cons: Work life balance isn't always great. Kind of a scene. They try to reinvent the wheel on a fairly regular basis. … Advice to Senior Management: Get somebody with business savvy to run the company. … More

I would like to like the Gap

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at The Gap

Pros: Gap is a very strong brand with a great deal of customer loyalty.… Cons: Because the pace of work is so fast, there is very little reflection on each project; it's just on to the next task. This… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees, especially those who iteract regularly with the customer. Let… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gap CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees.