The Gap
3.4 of 5 1,480 reviews
www.gap.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Good, not great.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsQuality store with nice products that are always changing. Employees get a nice discount. Some good people to work with.

ConsNot much recognition of hard work if you don't get Gap Cards. Will schedule you for the longest shift that requires the fewest breaks for associates. (i.e. 7 1/2 hours not 8)

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a more consist leadership with better understating of expectations of associates. Make it a more positive place to work. Don't have associates that just worked a 7 hour day also close the store.

Not that great

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at The Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros: None. Well, maybe the discount was pretty decent. Cons: Management was a drag. I was constantly on call, even on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

HR Director - Corporate Support & Logistics, Big Job Title, Hardly Working or know my Job (for most part)!

Senior Director Human Resources (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Easy job, with huge job title, little accountability or responsibility - looks extremely good on a resume, but in reality - I was an… Cons: In the real world, Gap Inc has taught me nothing about Human Resources in any faucet nor any of my collegues. As a Director for… Advice to Senior Management: I would advise management to self educate and dont rely on the false sense of entitlement that Gap ego's allow to thrive in the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gap CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees.