The Gap

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Good, not great.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Gap part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quality store with nice products that are always changing. Employees get a nice discount. Some good people to work with.

Cons

Not much recognition of hard work if you don't get Gap Cards. Will schedule you for the longest shift that requires the fewest breaks for associates. (i.e. 7 1/2 hours not 8)

Need a more consist leadership with better understating of expectations of associates. Make it a more positive place to work. Don't have associates that just worked a 7 hour day also close the store.

1720 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

Not that great

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at The Gap part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Well, maybe the discount was pretty decent.

Cons

Management was a drag. I was constantly on call, even on days that I asked off. It was just a poor experience.

HR Director - Corporate Support & Logistics, Big Job Title, Hardly Working or know my Job (for most part)!

Former Employee - Senior Director Human Resources in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director Human Resources in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Easy job, with huge job title, little accountability or responsibility - looks extremely good on a resume, but in reality - I was an HR Assistant geting the compensation of an HRD. That was the best part of my employment at Gap Inc., Human Resources Professionals hardly have to work, were like representatives instead of HR Pro's, - super easy!

Cons

In the real world, Gap Inc has taught me nothing about Human Resources in any faucet nor any of my collegues. As a Director for Gap Inc, transitioning into a real Director position at other companies other than logistics/retail - If I hadnt been quick on my feet, - i would have been an uter failure!

I would advise management to self educate and dont rely on the false sense of entitlement that Gap ego's allow to thrive in the company enviornment. Seek out employment elsewhere because you will learn nothing at gap but to play office politics and that alone will not help you anywhere.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap