The Gap

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Not that great

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at The Gap part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Well, maybe the discount was pretty decent.

Cons

Management was a drag. I was constantly on call, even on days that I asked off. It was just a poor experience.

1766 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

HR Director - Corporate Support & Logistics, Big Job Title, Hardly Working or know my Job (for most part)!

Former Employee - Senior Director Human Resources in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director Human Resources in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Easy job, with huge job title, little accountability or responsibility - looks extremely good on a resume, but in reality - I was an HR Assistant geting the compensation of an HRD. That was the best part of my employment at Gap Inc., Human Resources Professionals hardly have to work, were like representatives instead of HR Pro's, - super easy!

Cons

In the real world, Gap Inc has taught me nothing about Human Resources in any faucet nor any of my collegues. As a Director for Gap Inc, transitioning into a real Director position at other companies other than logistics/retail - If I hadnt been quick on my feet, - i would have been an uter failure!

I would advise management to self educate and dont rely on the false sense of entitlement that Gap ego's allow to thrive in the company enviornment. Seek out employment elsewhere because you will learn nothing at gap but to play office politics and that alone will not help you anywhere.

The best for Sales Associates

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ocean City, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ocean City, MD

I have been working at The Gap part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really great Assistant managers; excellent work environment; a product I can believe in; they recognize effort. They treat employees well and the discount is great.

Cons

Are there ever enough hours for a Sales Associate? If only I could be there more.

Keep that music up-beat!