The Gap

www.gap.com

A generally good experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros

Great co-workers
Great employee discounts and perks
Training was comprehensive and I learned a lot

Cons

On a corporate level the company seemed to struggle, especially in the context of image and the product that was made was of poor quality and style.

Other reviews for The Gap

i liked it

Pros

I was a retail associate, and even though it wasn't where I expected (or hoped) to be after college, the people I worked with were great, management at my store was easy to approach and cared about their employees, and I felt like the Gap really treated me well.

Cons

It's unbelievable some of the things that customers do, but I guess that's true anywhere. Also, if you prove to be good at getting people to open cards, you may find yourself always ringing, which I found to be monotonous.

Great place to work in your in Uni/High school, still can be ok if your not at that age

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

-You can get points and trade it in for items
    - They are good at motivating/recognizing when you do a good job
    - If you want to work your way to middle management it is possible you just have to put in the time

Cons

Some high school aged co-workers might get more $ than you because they worked there longer
    The amount of hours you get depends on how much your manager likes you/ values you
    While you are still new you get called for last minute shifts (but thats a pro if you need the $)

The managers get transferred a lot adn that can change the dynamic and atmosphere of the work place a lot

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!