The Gap
3.3 of 5 1,353 reviews
www.gap.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

I have worked two days, schedules are not consistent.

McAllen, TX

I have been working at The Gap part-time for less than a year

ProsThe people you work with are nice and easy to get a long with. If they think you might need to work longer then your scheduled to work they give you break.

ConsSchedules are inconsistent and sometimes you don't get to do training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding of the new ones, sometimes they get in trouble for doing something wrong when they have never been told how to do it right.

Regular Retail

Napa, CA

I have been working at The Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Training Gained Experience Employee Discount Quick response to application Dress Code Cons: Inconsistent hours. You could be scheduled for a 4 hour shift, but sent home after a 3 hours shift. There is on-call, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Approachable

Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros: Amazing team work and hectic free work environment make this job a little more easier than what I expected at the first time as a… Cons: Even though the Gap is one of the largest retail company in America, the tendency… Advice to Senior Management: GM is very nice person to work with I guess Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gap CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees.