There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Don't get a Gap, Old Navy or Banana card!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at The Gap part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Associates are some of the best people I have worked with. Some of the best friends that i will remember work for this company. I will miss them greatly!

Cons

Gap, Old Navy and Banana cards have very high interest. The Interest is somewhere between 26% and ridiculous. They demand that their employees sell these cards as a reward for shopping at the stores. The quality of the clothing has also declined over the years. This is why the company is doing so poorly. Managers are not being trained properly. Neither are the new employees.

Find a new CEO! Glenn Murphy entered the company without any fashion experience. I saw a report on the internet that criticized him extensively for his lack of knowledge regarding fashion. If you notice, Gap comes out with the same styles every year. The don't change up!

1658 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

I have worked two days, schedules are not consistent.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX

I have been working at The Gap part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people you work with are nice and easy to get a long with. If they think you might need to work longer then your scheduled to work they give you break.

Cons

Schedules are inconsistent and sometimes you don't get to do training.

Be more understanding of the new ones, sometimes they get in trouble for doing something wrong when they have never been told how to do it right.

Compensation and sample sale!

Former Employee - IT Manager in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Rocklin, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As usual, it's the people that make a company and I really enjoyed my co-workers. The facilities in SF and San Mateo were fabulous. They invested in IT tools/applications.

Cons

Several hundred IT positions were outsourced and I was impacted, so this was a downside, but it seems so many companies do this. Also - because the organization is so large, it was difficult to be recognized.

Wish you hadn't outsourced! But, business is business, I guess.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap