There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Don't get a Gap, Old Navy or Banana card!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at The Gap part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Associates are some of the best people I have worked with. Some of the best friends that i will remember work for this company. I will miss them greatly!

Cons

Gap, Old Navy and Banana cards have very high interest. The Interest is somewhere between 26% and ridiculous. They demand that their employees sell these cards as a reward for shopping at the stores. The quality of the clothing has also declined over the years. This is why the company is doing so poorly. Managers are not being trained properly. Neither are the new employees.

Find a new CEO! Glenn Murphy entered the company without any fashion experience. I saw a report on the internet that criticized him extensively for his lack of knowledge regarding fashion. If you notice, Gap comes out with the same styles every year. The don't change up!

1599 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

One store, 50+ employees, only 10-15 hours a week, more often then not cut to ten hours!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Southaven, MS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Southaven, MS

I worked at The Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great discount at the outlet store. That's about it for the pros for this particular store, I mean it nothing else worth noting.

Cons

Management talking to you any kind of way. Store was ran horribly, associates were told not to clean areas until end of day many times. Leaving the store in such a mess it couldn't be fully taken care of that night. !0 hours a week was the usual.

Management needs to learn to communicate better, shouldn't hire 50+ employees for a store that can run with half of that.

Compensation and sample sale!

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Rocklin, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As usual, it's the people that make a company and I really enjoyed my co-workers. The facilities in SF and San Mateo were fabulous. They invested in IT tools/applications.

Cons

Several hundred IT positions were outsourced and I was impacted, so this was a downside, but it seems so many companies do this. Also - because the organization is so large, it was difficult to be recognized.

Wish you hadn't outsourced! But, business is business, I guess.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!