The Gap

www.gap.com

The Gap Is FUN

Current Employee - Stock Associate  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Stock Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The variety of people that shop at the gap makes your day go bye fairly quick. Wearing the clothes that you get for discounted prices is fun also. When I come to work I am happy because everyone is treated fairly.

Cons

There aren't really any cons to working at the gap. The pay is good every two weeks and I love the discounts! I use to work a mc donalds in the city and they only gave me a discount for my break meal, meaning I had to pay full price even on my day off. That's why I am thankful for the gap!

keep up the good work

Other reviews for The Gap

Great Place to Get PAID

Current Employee - Brand Experience Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Brand Experience Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

the gap is a workplace that can potentially pay very well and if in the right store your potential to bonus is huge

Cons

Gaps vision is lacking clarity control and execution. there are limited individuals that can actually teach what success looks like therefor it is more likely to walk into the company and burn out from the inability of leaders to to really understand execution

get into the stores and do a comprehensive look at what the General Managers are actually doing. Evaluate the competency of leaders and see what results are there and whos behind the success or whos really behind the failures. If failure is consistent then what your store managers are telling you is probably not true.

General Manager

Pros

The Gap invest heavily on training and developing their employees. They always keep their employees challenged which makes them better leaders.

Cons

Extremely heavy workload, very political environment. Upper management is out of touch with employees. Lots of favoritism, and unrealistic expectations.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!