The Gap

www.gap.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Great company

I have been working at The Gap part-time

Pros

The discount is awesome, the people are mostly really cool, and the growth opportunity is there if you really want it.

Cons

Some of the associates can be such duds.. That could be because some people half-care about the job.

LET'S HIRE QUALITY PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!

1756 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

Degree in distribution.

Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Fresno, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Taught alot, if you want to move up/ learn more.... just show initiative and voice your wants/ needs/ positive helpfull opinions and your good to go as far as you want. Took me to europe to start up new facility and I was just a regular associate/ worker at the time. They see the potential in people who are positive and there for the company and the team. I learned enough to be a top contender at any other warehouse after that.

Cons

Some warehouses dont have the best managers. Some are focused on climbing the ladders and forget Gapscore awsomeness....A solid team makes a guaranteed successful goal accomplishing powerhouse (in turn makes the manager look amazing). But some managers are amazing and positive and helpful.

Eliminate all micro managing styles... it has never worked in large scale warehouses and never will work ( I can guarantee this through years of experience).

Great company, but too many politics and no room for growth

I worked at The Gap

Pros

Great work/life balance, socially responsible company, good benefits.

Cons

No room for growth, too many people at the top so there are rarely any open positions for promotion. Too much time is spent playing office politics instead of doing productive work.

Review the company structure---there are too many directors and managers doing little work, leaving everyone at the bottom with little to no motivation.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap