The Gap
3.3 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.gap.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

A rollercoaster ride. When it's good, it's great. When its not...

General Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time for more than 8 years

ProsChallenging, offers solid growth opportunities, filled with inspiring, dedicated employees focused on teamwork, great benefits, solid training, well organized systems with clear policies and procedures, pays well.

ConsLong hours, poor support from upper management, limited payroll resources, lacks support from the human resources department, limits its employees ability to properly perform their jobs, the standards expected by the company lacks consistency across all positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis may be specific to the San Francisco Region (Corporate HQ), but politics often gets in the way of job performance. The higher standard is worthy of being lived up to, but it needs to be clearly communicated and the appropriate level of support should be provided to achieve it.

Good job

Technical Designer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at The Gap full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: great work / life balance. Able to get your job done… Cons: Not a lot of room for growth or promotion. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at The Gap full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice staff, wear whatever you want to work ( Jeans),… Cons: None, this is an amazing company to work for More

There are newer reviews on The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gap CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees.