Fun place to work

I worked at The Gap

Pros

The management is quite attentive and understanding, the environment is fast paced and fun, and the benefits are awesome.

Cons

Pay is a bit low.

Other Reviews for The Gap

Flexible work hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Gap part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discounts, flexible work hours, fast pace environment

Cons

Low hourly, slow to promote from within, they do not develop talent

Nurture your employees, compensate for work well done, recognize talent and promote!

Great Company, Horrible Store Management

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orland Park, IL

I worked at The Gap part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gap was a really great company from the outside and had strong ties with their community and good incentives working for them. Also, the discount was dangerous because it was so good.

Cons

Store management was horrible. Manager had favorites and it showed because those were the people advancing. One mistake and it jeopardized everything and was unforgivable. Little to no hours, especially if you were going to school or had other priorities in life. Managers openly talked about sales associates to other workers and gossip and trash talk was rampant. Once they caught wind that I was leaving, the schedule was changed and I wasn't notified until a co-worker told me after the fact that I was due in. It was too late, I was already terminated. Very shady business practices. Very few good managers. The good ones are switched around to different stores.

Upper management needs to be more involved with store management and know the practices are not ideal and very unfair.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!