The Gap

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Friendly People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Gap as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There were a lot of great co-workers, fun social events, and a very casual work environment. If you like the city, its in a great part of SF.

Cons

There were a lot of people in a limited amount of space, and the city is a very expensive area to be given the pay.

1826 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

Just ok ....

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at The Gap full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are good . Best retail benefits I've ever seen .

Cons

The place is a train wreck ! Expectations are insane . Budgets are unreasonable . Pay for non management & low level mangers is insulting .... Gap recently changed direction & no longer embraces customer service & now is centering focus on merchandising .

Get your heads out of your P & L 's . Walk your stores unannounced , embrace your instore leaders and make changes . It's a little hard to see what's really going on from a swanky office in the city .

Overlooked by Rule Benders

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at The Gap full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Basically you fold clothes and are able to sometimes talk to your friends on the floor if it's not busy or if section isn't messed up. Nice 1 hour breaks and two 15 minute breaks per 8 hour shift. 'Grace Period' is an extra 3 minutes to be late, on 4th minute, you are late when you clock in.

Cons

Shift supervisors get away with little things that they shouldn't be doing like..Being passed down a task because of shift supervisor being lazy to figure things out for themselves. No appreciation for hardwork. I've been there a year and a half and no one tells me when i get a customer compliment unless a coworker friend heard about it. I ask to be given another section because i've been on this one section for about 3 months straight, and my request gets disregarded after a 'okay we got you covered.' Probably because I'm nice about it and don't get pissed off, which is getting me there.

Be aware of the things going on around you.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap