The Gap
3.4 of 5 1,476 reviews
www.gap.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Sourcing

San Francisco, CA

ProsLots of opportunities to work on varied projects. Reasonable work hours. For those that can network well plenty of opportunities to move to other departments.

ConsHigh turnover among both the staff and management. Lots of politics. Management finds it easier to allow turn over than deal with real issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementCharm school for your managers. There are some very smart people there who lack basic personal skills in interacting with others.

Solid company with "on the fly" ability to react to the business to maintain share.

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Gap full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very tenured leadership who have the recipe for success, even in a down economy. Community involvement is… Cons: Quality of life suffers during the worse downturns. Its expected, but tough… Advice to Senior Management: Keep moving forward globally but don't forget to listen to manager… More

collaborative

Staff Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Gap full-time for less than a year

Pros: flexible workplace, diverse environment, good corporate culture, and very socially… Cons: it can be a little slow for people who like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gap CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees.