The Gap

www.gap.com
  www.gap.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Great company to work for that cares about the community.

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Gap full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great focus on the community. Investing programs (philanthropic) that support underserved communities, focus on volunteerism, strong senior leadership. Solid benefits with 401K, health, product discount (50%).

Cons

Being such a big company, some brands and areas of the company are stronger than others. The HQ employees can maintain a strong work life balance whereas store/field employees struggle more with work-life balance. Speciality apparel is such an up and down business so it can be frustrating when business is not going well.

Consider reviewing what teams have strong culture and replicating some of those elements into other departments.

1720 Other Employee Reviews for The Gap (View Most Recent)

Creative, Collaborative and Inspiring

I have been working at The Gap full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love the culture at Gap Inc. It's a really cool place to work with such intelligent, creative, and exciting people. The company has an emotional aspect which I love. It's about connecting with the customer and connecting with other business partners. It's about achieving your goals and knowing there's a greater purpose in what we do a as a company. It's something you can be passionate about and feel good about.

Cons

many areas of the business have a lengthy process - most times too long. I guess that's part of being a part of a large organization.

Continue to hear/listen/try/implement the ideas of your employees you will benefit greatly from that.

Really care about their people.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Gap full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is really people focused. Not only customers, but their people. There are lots of structure though out the brand that helps you be successful at meeting expectations. Really good about recognizing great work. Great employee benefits and discounts! They are also involved in the community and match pay for your volunteering.

Cons

Retail hours are tough but expected. Many early mornings or over nights to get the new merchandise out in time.

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap