There are newer employer reviews for The Gap

Gap

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Gap part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The discount was great. 40% off Gap and BR and 20% off Old Navy. Most of my co workers were cool to hang out with. Had a cool walkie talkie to reach other employees for help, and they always has my back. Very team oriented.

Cons

Manager did not train me at all. I was completely lost when he sent me to the cashier, until one of my co workers helped me get the hang of it. The hours were horrible and closing was the worst. Imagine a store with hundreds of unfolded clothes and having to fold it all after an 8 hour shift.

Train your employees

reviews filtered by
  1. Mechandise Handler

Current Employee - Merchandise Handler in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Handler in Fresno, CA

I have been working at The Gap full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and very diverse environment with great benefit.

Cons

Bad morals , poor management.

Needs more focus on management.

I wouldn't go back

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA

I worked at The Gap part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people I met were really great, I made some great friends. The employee discount is pretty good too.

Cons

I felt like I was setup for failure, the training seemed outdated, and lackluster. The store was very dirty, especially the back room. It felt like no one really cared, or had an overall goal in mind. You are "randomly" scheduled for cleaning duties, yet it seemed as though certain individuals were exempt. There was a time when I was supposed to take the trash out one morning, it was just myself and the store manager and when I asked where the trash compactor was in the mall, she replied, "I don't know, do I look like someone who takes out the trash?" Overall, I just had a negative experience from working at this store.

Work on that open door policy, and maybe focus more on the employee experience

There are newer employer reviews for The Gap