The Gap
3.4 of 5 1,358 reviews
www.gap.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Would work there again :)

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA

I worked at The Gap

ProsI liked working at the gap because if you were friendly and good with Gap Card sales they couldn't say enough possitive things about you. It is a very easy job for a Highschool student to do and also stay in school full time. The discounts are also great and the people I worked with were very friendly. It was nice knowing what was expected of you each and every day and being able to achieve your best at it.

ConsI know that some people struggled with Gap card sales and this made them have a harder time working there. I personally found that if you related with the customer and gave them that one on one attention that they desired, then they would usually get a Gap Card from you if they didn't have one already. Some of the more shy employees struggled with this though and consequently prevented themselves from getting promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving little rewards to the employees that are excelling. This really motivated me to do well, and also encourage/ help the ones who are struggling.

rewarding but challenging

Manager (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

I worked at The Gap

Pros: great people, streamlined commu ication and strong training Cons: dimishing resources and compensation and rewards Advice to Senior Management: remember your core values No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

it has it's ups and downs, like any retail store

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at The Gap

Pros: great discount, 50% off full price items. fun atmosphere to… Cons: the pay is very low, and raises happen once a year and are generally low too. very few hours given to to associates, some stores aren't… Advice to Senior Management: tend to hire too many people who just don't seem interested… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Gap.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gap CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees.