The Garrigan Lyman Group

www.glg.com
  www.glg.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Garrigan Lyman Group

Wonderful people, exciting work and a great company culture!

Current Employee - Search Strategist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Search Strategist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

So far my experience with GLG has been very positive. Some highlights:
- The work is varied and exciting with plenty of opportunities to learn and challenge yourself.
- The office has a great atmosphere and energy and provides beverages and snacks of all kinds.
- The agency is focused on retaining their employees for the long-term, and pay and benefits are reflective of this
- While I immediately dove into my work I had extensive meetings with people from the various departments allowing me to glean insight into my coworkers and the company processes.
- The people are incredibly smart and interesting and creative input is fostered. Best of all, everyone is very nice, welcoming and supportive

Cons

Periodically you can hear the guy playing reggae (poorly) in front of Nordstrom and the air conditioning has been known to get a little janky.

The lobby could really use a pinball machine.

10 Other Employee Reviews for The Garrigan Lyman Group (View Most Recent)

I like my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Garrigan Lyman gets 5 stars for being an employer who takes care of the employees and makes consistent efforts and investments to make this place a great environment to work in. I have a supportive easy-to-talk-to supervisor. I like the company-paid gifts for every occasion not just Christmas! Just today every mom in the company got a personalized water bottle with "Best Mom Ever" on one side and their name custom printed on the other. How thoughtful is that?! Does anyone normally expect to receive a present from one's employer on Mother's Day?? I don't think so. There's fresh fruit in the kitchen daily, fully stuffed fridge and in-office happy hour every Friday at 4 PM. Really, uncork whatever you want! I like the lively company meetings that we have every other week where we preview our own commercials and other digital product on the big screen with woofers going overhead. Pretty cool! We have amazing front desk and admin staff that immediately responds to requests. Great culture overall.

Cons

Loads of work in my department; it never slows down. But it's not a deal breaker. Everywhere I worked was busy. Unlike other places though, GLG makes it up with flexible schedule and understanding of one's personal needs, family, kids. They do their best to create a healthy balance between work and family life. You can even bring your kid to work if you have to. Handling heavy workload is nothing in comparison to dealing with a mean and cheap company owner or unhappy team that won't quit whining. I don't hear complaints. GLG treats us well.

Former Employee - Production Designer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Garrigan Lyman Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with a select few really nice people.

Cons

Staffing with contractors on the basis of a 40 hr work week, but only using them 20-30. Boring work, for boring clients. After 6 months of this I finally started getting more interesting work, then was let go when their main client had layoffs. Called me back 2 weeks later, they wanted me back. No way. Greener pastures.

There are newer employer reviews for The Garrigan Lyman Group