The Gladstone Institutes
www.gladstone.ucsf.edu San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great mission and friendly people

I have been working at The Gladstone Institutes full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat scientific research, friendly people, lots of diversity, easy transportation with even a shuttle to BART, smart scientists, social.

ConsPay isn't great for the lower people but the executives and directors are highly paid. Rewards, career development and promotions don't really happen. Some managers take care of the people who complain or don't perform more than the people who are working hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the infrastructure of the organization including HR services. Value the administration as much as you value the science not just in words, but with career development, raises, promotions.

Great science opportunities

Research Associate I (Former Employee)

I worked at The Gladstone Institutes full-time for more than a year

Pros: There are multiple avenues to learn at the Gladstone Institutes… Cons: PIs, senior investigators, etc. can improve their management skills. They should motivate employees… Advice to Senior Management: It is important to update employees on their performance regularly, always emphasizing positive things. Please do not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Gladstone Institutes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great vision, culture and people Cons: Nothing to say about it Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Gladstone Institutes.

Worked for The Gladstone Institutes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gladstone Institutes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gladstone Institutes CEO R. Sanders Williams. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gladstone Institutes employees.