There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

As preschools go, it doesn't get any better than this!

Current Employee - Teacher in Sparks, MD
Current Employee - Teacher in Sparks, MD

I have been working at The Goddard School

Pros

Excellent peers, caring and responsive management, clean building, accredited school, high standards all the way around, management is very open to suggestion and has the motto 'I can't fix it if I don't know that its broken', very little drama and very little gossip

Cons

Working with children is hard work.

Keep doing what you are doing. I like the fact that everyone pitches in to help out when needed.

reviews filtered by

Not the best work experience

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Overland Park, KS

I worked at The Goddard School

Pros

The children and the parents were the best reasons to work at The Goddard School.

Cons

Poor hourly wage for college educated teachers($11 to $12/hr, no affordable health insurance, no PTO, expected to buy your own school supplies.

If they are expecting to hire teachers with degrees, in order to keep them, they must pay more and offer a benefits package. High turnover

2. Wish I had never applied.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at The Goddard School

Pros

The children and my co teachers. I had/have a great relationship with the kids and the parents. I learned how to multitask. I had my son enrolled and he built a few friendships during his short education there.

Cons

It was a stipulation of employment to sign a contract with a $500 penalty for leaving before the end of the academic year. The classes were overenrolled. Some teachers in preK didn't even have a college degree. Lots of shortcuts taken with cleanliness and safety. I withdrew my son and quit because of overenrollment.

All locations are different, of course, but Goddard Chesterfield firmly believes that they treat their people well by offering a pittance of recognition and food days twice a year. That's nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School