There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Owner is all about money not employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at The Goddard School

Pros

Great director, staff and kids. Clean. Wear uniforms. Closed week after Christmas with pay F/T employees only. Good with scheduling personal apts.

Cons

Owner messes up on paychecks and makes us use vacation for sick, she keeps changing her mind on when u can use vacation. Owner does not replace broken items she waits a year or two. Owner doesn't communicate with parents when employees leave, making them confused. Benefits are too expensive takes ur whole paycheck. Owner doesn't know what employees are F/T or P/T.
No consistency with younger classrooms with what teachers will be in and out. Owner seems to not know what is going on in school but yet will come in and start bossing the teachers around.

Offer sick time separate from vacation. Let vacation roll over. Start listening to ur directors and staff and know ur staff. Need more room to breath with QA. Hold owners accountable in how they treat staff.

121 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

I've worked at much better preschools.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bel Air, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

I have been working at The Goddard School

Pros

Understanding when personal days are needed. Benefits pretty good. Hourly rate/salary comparable to other preschools. Parents are wonderful and caring.

Cons

Clicks within employees. Management doesn't try to solve problems. Too many children in one class. Any suggestions are not welcome.

Start listening to the FEW educated staff you have. Learn how to become critical thinkers. Implement neccessary developmental training for ALL employees.

As preschools go, it doesn't get any better than this!

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Sparks, MD
    Current Employee - Teacher in Sparks, MD

I have been working at The Goddard School

Pros

Excellent peers, caring and responsive management, clean building, accredited school, high standards all the way around, management is very open to suggestion and has the motto 'I can't fix it if I don't know that its broken', very little drama and very little gossip

Cons

Working with children is hard work.

Keep doing what you are doing. I like the fact that everyone pitches in to help out when needed.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!