The Goddard School
www.goddardschool.com King of Prussia, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ridiculous!!!

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)
Southlake, TX

ProsFun most of the time, great director, love the families! Too much interference from rude and pushy corporate people. Thought this was a "franchise" but it's just a way for Goddard to get uneducated and unsuspecting owners to run their business.

ConsToo much paperwork with the curriculum. Not enough time for all the work that is expected. Not enough pay for someone with a 4 year degree. Owner who overworks her teachers and director. Changed the PTO benefits from when we opened. The school is closed and yet we are forced to use 5 of our PTO days for pay when the company is FORCING us to be off???? Way to save money,owner!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner spends so much time sitting in meetings with the other owners that she expects everyone else to do all of the work. Our director is there at least 10 hours a day and doesn't have an assistant to help her.Always having hours cut, but we are understaffed?? Gossipy and immature coworkers who whine to the owner when the director tells them things to do need to go!

Run, don't walk, away!

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)
    Durham, NC

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time for more than a year

Pros: The children, the families, and a small group of coworkers,… Cons: Poor pay compared to other preschools in the area; franchise-wide focus on paperwork and ridiculous "curricula" that does nothing to foster meaningful development in the… Advice to Senior Management: There's a lot I could say, but it all basically boils down to this: Your focus should be on the children, and not your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Owner is all about money not employees

Naperville, IL

I have been working at The Goddard School

Pros: Great director, staff and kids. Clean. Wear uniforms. Closed week after… Cons: Owner messes up on paychecks and makes us use vacation for sick, she keeps changing her mind on when u can use vacation. Owner does… Advice to Senior Management: Offer sick time separate from vacation. Let vacation roll over. Start listening to ur directors and staff and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Goddard School.

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Goddard School reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Goddard School CEO Joe Schumacher. All reviews posted anonymously by The Goddard School employees.