The Goddard School

www.goddardschool.com
  www.goddardschool.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Leaves a lot to be desired

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Leesburg, VA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Children were just amazing! They all have major potential. The Goddard Learning Standards are great. The online training was very helpful.

Cons

The owner is cheap, Instead of buying new things for the center he continously fixed things that should have been thrown away, such as a broken table in the toddler room. He never gave the same employee discount to each employee, some employees recieved free day care and others only recieved 50%. They also allowed employees to bring thier sick kids with them to work. They posted the negative reviews from licensing behind a plant in the front, so unless you were searching for it, you would never know it was there. Classrooms were out of ratio on several occasions as well. My child was not properly taken care of and got sick often because of the Owner allowed children to attend sick. And cell phones are a regular thing in most classrooms, one teacher was on her phone more than caring for the kids.

Stop lying to get people in the door, treat ALL your employees the same, and first and foremost, BE HONEST!

144 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

My experience at The Goddard School was disappointing.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Leesburg, VA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

co-workers, pay (for what it is), employee discount

Cons

educational programs in younger classes - advertise amazing educational roles they provide for children (that also allow signifigantly higher rates), then keep people on staff that do not follow through, hard to get unexpected time off for an emergency, hard to get time off, minimal lesson planning time

Ridiculous!!!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Southlake, TX

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun most of the time, great director, love the families! Too much interference from rude and pushy corporate people. Thought this was a "franchise" but it's just a way for Goddard to get uneducated and unsuspecting owners to run their business.

Cons

Too much paperwork with the curriculum. Not enough time for all the work that is expected. Not enough pay for someone with a 4 year degree. Owner who overworks her teachers and director. Changed the PTO benefits from when we opened. The school is closed and yet we are forced to use 5 of our PTO days for pay when the company is FORCING us to be off???? Way to save money,owner!

The owner spends so much time sitting in meetings with the other owners that she expects everyone else to do all of the work. Our director is there at least 10 hours a day and doesn't have an assistant to help her.Always having hours cut, but we are understaffed?? Gossipy and immature coworkers who whine to the owner when the director tells them things to do need to go!

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School