The Goddard School

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Co-Lead Teacher Get-Set Room

Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher
Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Owner, Director and established cirriculum were all excellent resources. I really felt like I had an advocate in my wing should any problems arise. There is a very clear concise program so you are always aware of where you stand in terms of job performance. The company is very organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

The pay is extremely low for the amount of time and effort required to do an excellent job. I found myself putting in a lot of hours of work "off the clock". As with any pre-school job it is important to be aware that you do not get burnt out.

144 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

Leave. Now!

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Issaquah, WA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The children and famlies were all (mostly) wonderful and supportive. They really cared about their children's development.

Cons

The assistant to lead pay does not make up for the extra work the lead has to do. The majority of the lead paperwork ("curriculum" if you even want to call it that) has to be done at home. Negative feedback is given formally on a monthly basis, and informally much more frequently (as a teacher - shouldn't you always be growing and learning, and getting better?!). Very little positive reinforcement. Ratios were not followed at times - even when program directors were warned in advance of the possibility, and then reminded of the situation when it happens. Employees kids came in sick often, and weren't sent home. The program director is more concerned about drama, and playing favorites then about making it a positive workplace for people to do their job well.

Give teachers constructive feedback. Celebrate their successes, and accomplishments. Give them the tools necessary to improve. Treat all teachers equally. Provide more time for teachers to complete "curriculum."

Okay as a stepping stone

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Marietta, GA

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the children is great, and I am lucky to work at a center with some pretty great co-workers.

Cons

The amount of work you do as a Lead compared to the pay you get is not worth it. Especially if you have more than a CDA. As a higher-education graduate, I do not feel valued if I am being paid the same as someone with a CDA. There is also very little to no room for career growth. I do not take advantage of benefits, so I cannot comment on them.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School