There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Negative

Former Employee - Director  in  Edwardsville, IL
Former Employee - Director in Edwardsville, IL

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did not see any.

Cons

I can not tell you all the negatives in 20 word minimum. Beautiful center - not child friendly or age or developmentally appropriate. Adult art work on walls, not children's. Owner talked bad about his employees during the interview and said why each director quit. Sexist comments made against women. Turnover rate high of staff, but owners don't understand why.

Get out of the way, and let people that know and are educated in child development education run the show. You do not run a successful school like you do a hardened corporate cold business. A time clock that dings you if 1 minute late does nothing but make your staff resentful.

121 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

Leave. Now!

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Issaquah, WA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for more than a year

Pros

The children and famlies were all (mostly) wonderful and supportive. They really cared about their children's development.

Cons

The assistant to lead pay does not make up for the extra work the lead has to do. The majority of the lead paperwork ("curriculum" if you even want to call it that) has to be done at home. Negative feedback is given formally on a monthly basis, and informally much more frequently (as a teacher - shouldn't you always be growing and learning, and getting better?!). Very little positive reinforcement. Ratios were not followed at times - even when program directors were warned in advance of the possibility, and then reminded of the situation when it happens. Employees kids came in sick often, and weren't sent home. The program director is more concerned about drama, and playing favorites then about making it a positive workplace for people to do their job well.

Give teachers constructive feedback. Celebrate their successes, and accomplishments. Give them the tools necessary to improve. Treat all teachers equally. Provide more time for teachers to complete "curriculum."

Okay as a stepping stone

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Marietta, GA

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the children is great, and I am lucky to work at a center with some pretty great co-workers.

Cons

The amount of work you do as a Lead compared to the pay you get is not worth it. Especially if you have more than a CDA. As a higher-education graduate, I do not feel valued if I am being paid the same as someone with a CDA. There is also very little to no room for career growth. I do not take advantage of benefits, so I cannot comment on them.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!