The Goddard School

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

the truth behind the carousel horse, aka The Goddard School

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the children are adorable & the parents are caring

Cons

management, no respect for their hard working employees, you never get breaks to even go to the restroom, your hours are constantly being changed. The parents pay for quality but they get the bare minimum. EXTREMELY HIGH teacher turnover rate, over 16 teacher have come & gone over the last yea

fire the assistant director & the director, they run off potential parents and workers. The owner is always on properly but he is never "there" for his employees. He's not interested in his staff or the children, just the money

144 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

Negative

Former Employee - Director in Edwardsville, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Edwardsville, IL

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I did not see any.

Cons

I can not tell you all the negatives in 20 word minimum. Beautiful center - not child friendly or age or developmentally appropriate. Adult art work on walls, not children's. Owner talked bad about his employees during the interview and said why each director quit. Sexist comments made against women. Turnover rate high of staff, but owners don't understand why.

Get out of the way, and let people that know and are educated in child development education run the show. You do not run a successful school like you do a hardened corporate cold business. A time clock that dings you if 1 minute late does nothing but make your staff resentful.

Co-Lead Teacher Get-Set Room

Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Owner, Director and established cirriculum were all excellent resources. I really felt like I had an advocate in my wing should any problems arise. There is a very clear concise program so you are always aware of where you stand in terms of job performance. The company is very organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

The pay is extremely low for the amount of time and effort required to do an excellent job. I found myself putting in a lot of hours of work "off the clock". As with any pre-school job it is important to be aware that you do not get burnt out.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School