The Goddard School

www.goddardschool.com
  www.goddardschool.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Wonderful children and families, terrible ownership

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Rancho Cordova, CA
Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The children and families is what keeps the teachers at the school. The teachers themselves are close and provide the much needed support to each other.

Cons

Minimal pay for preschool teaching. Minimal benefits. Extremely high turn over rate. No support provided for curriculum writing, issues in the classroom, etc. Teachers opinions and insight does not matter to the owner or directors. The owner has no teaching experience and solely makes decisions and how to make the most money. He treats employees terrible as if they should be lucky to be working for him. Do not work their because soon enough you will be looking for a new job because you want to get out.

Treat employees BETTER, make decisions based on the best interest of children and not solely money.

143 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

the truth behind the carousel horse, aka The Goddard School

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the children are adorable & the parents are caring

Cons

management, no respect for their hard working employees, you never get breaks to even go to the restroom, your hours are constantly being changed. The parents pay for quality but they get the bare minimum. EXTREMELY HIGH teacher turnover rate, over 16 teacher have come & gone over the last yea

fire the assistant director & the director, they run off potential parents and workers. The owner is always on properly but he is never "there" for his employees. He's not interested in his staff or the children, just the money

Co-Lead Teacher Get-Set Room

Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Owner, Director and established cirriculum were all excellent resources. I really felt like I had an advocate in my wing should any problems arise. There is a very clear concise program so you are always aware of where you stand in terms of job performance. The company is very organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

The pay is extremely low for the amount of time and effort required to do an excellent job. I found myself putting in a lot of hours of work "off the clock". As with any pre-school job it is important to be aware that you do not get burnt out.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School