The Goddard School
www.goddardschool.com King of Prussia, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Wonderful children and families, terrible ownership

Preschool Teacher (Former Employee)
Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for more than a year

ProsThe children and families is what keeps the teachers at the school. The teachers themselves are close and provide the much needed support to each other.

ConsMinimal pay for preschool teaching. Minimal benefits. Extremely high turn over rate. No support provided for curriculum writing, issues in the classroom, etc. Teachers opinions and insight does not matter to the owner or directors. The owner has no teaching experience and solely makes decisions and how to make the most money. He treats employees terrible as if they should be lucky to be working for him. Do not work their because soon enough you will be looking for a new job because you want to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees BETTER, make decisions based on the best interest of children and not solely money.

the truth behind the carousel horse, aka The Goddard School

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time for more than a year

Pros: the children are adorable & the parents are caring Cons: management, no respect for their hard working employees, you never get breaks to even go to the restroom, your hours are constantly being changed. The… Advice to Senior Management: fire the assistant director & the director, they run off potential parents and workers. The owner is always on properly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Co-Lead Teacher Get-Set Room

Co-Lead Teacher (Former Employee)

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The Owner, Director and established cirriculum were all excellent resources. I really felt like I had an advocate in my wing should any problems… Cons: The pay is extremely low for the amount of time and effort required to do an excellent job. I found myself putting in a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Goddard School.

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Goddard School reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Goddard School CEO Joe Schumacher. All reviews posted anonymously by The Goddard School employees.