There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

My Dream Job and then-some

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits; working relationships; balance between family and school; amazing opportunities within each school; family atmosphere

Cons

Space and storage are at a premium

Continue to support the teachers and directors. Money is important, but at the end of the day, the best schools in the chain are the schools with tenured teachers and happy parents.

121 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

The Goddard School was full of excellent and devoted teachers.

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for more than a year

Pros

The teachers at the Goddard School were dedicated and attentive to all children that attended & the families were a joy to work for.

Cons

The school was often understaffed and had a high turn over rater- I believe this was due to the pay being so low that it was difficult to keep the best & most qualified teachers around for too long.

If a school where "no" and "stop" is your kind of school... Look no further.

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quality of Staff
    High Income Parents

Cons

I was kicked by an emotionally disturbed child and the manager told ME to apologize for upsetting the child. I have a bachelors degree and a great deal of experience in ECE and I have never been more appalled at the lack of discipline in a school. In addition to that whenever a child would hit another child we were not allowed to tell them "no" or "stop" as well as being forbidden by management to let either parent know. It was standard to lie about a child's behavior in order to keep the wealthy parents happy. Ugh. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about working there.

The Goddard School needs more standards for behavior at a corporate level as well as more protection for employees!

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!