The Goddard School

www.goddardschool.com

Depending on location, can be a good school but they treat their teachers poorly

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The best reason to work at the Goddard school: the children (but isn't the best reason to teach anywhere?)
Another pro: our school was new so we had nice facilities and resources in our classrooms were nice

Cons

Terrible ownership
Terrible benefits (5 vacation days! no 401k and expensive insurance)
Pay was unbelievably low- I couldn't even live off the $10/hr they paid me.
--Overall, this is a for-profit school, so owner treats it like a business and in the end, just wants to make money. Put as many kids in the classrooms as possible, pay the teachers as little as possible.

Stop treating this school like a business. The children should matter the most, which means stop shoving too many children in 1 room. The children lose out because the teachers can't divide their attention evenly! Most of all, listen to your employees - they are the ones in the classrooms every day.

Other reviews for The Goddard School

Owners and Directors are grossly incompetent

Former Employee - Teacher  in  McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher in McKinney, TX

Pros

Some of the teachers are good.

Cons

The owners and directors are not honest with parents. They take their time or do not inform parents of incidents. The franchise in which I worked should be investigated for gross negligence on the part of the senior leadership. Parents, if your children attend this school, make sure that you are hyper attentive to bite marks and other signs of injuries because the employees are banned from notifying you if your child is bitten or hit by another child.

Start reporting incidences of children biting and hitting other children. Corporate leadership - Pay more attention to what is happening in your franchises and enforce corporate policy.

Good school, but it really depends on the ownership on how well the kiddos and staff experience is there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jamison, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jamison, PA

Pros

Kids and my co teacher were the only really good things about working there.

Cons

High turn over rate. It depends on the owner of the school on how well your experience will be here.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School.

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!