Terrible!

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Owasso, OK
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Owasso, OK

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for less than a year

Pros

If The Goddard School is ran correctly it would be a great place to work and for the children to go to.

Cons

When I worked there as a Lead Teacher the curriculum was not really followed or enforced by the other Teacher in my classroom. I spent lots of time outside of work making my lesson plans but the Teacher just let the kids in our class free play all day. It was more like a day care and this made the kids misbehave but they had no real consequences. Structure and classroom management were absent through out the center. Kids were bribed with stickers and small toys. The tuition is very high and the school promises many learning experiences and activities but they were all just for show at the particular location I worked at.

Management/owners need to purchase quality/nutritious food for the children that PAY TUITION to go to this "school". Do not buy junk food in bulk from Sam's or serve "magic bread". There needs to be more training and orientation. The Owasso location needs to follow the companies values

Other Reviews for The Goddard School

Not happy but can't find another job

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant  in  Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only good reason to work at goddard is you don't have to work. At the goddard school I work at there are 4 teachers that do nothing all day every day. Nothing.

Cons

Owner just doesn't care. We work for years without a raise insurence very very high, owners chooses to close the week between Christmas and New Years and we have to use our own vacation time. We are required to attend meetings and training without being paid , state and federal law is all hourly employees are to be payed. I could go on and on.

You need a director that has no friends that work there.no emotional attachment and can run the school. And start to care for the kids more then the bottom line.

Working there had it's ups and downs.

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Bedford, MA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved helping the children learn and grow. I like people I worked and coming up with games for children.

Cons

There was a lot of rules and job stress.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School.

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!