Terrible!

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Owasso, OK
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Owasso, OK

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If The Goddard School is ran correctly it would be a great place to work and for the children to go to.

Cons

When I worked there as a Lead Teacher the curriculum was not really followed or enforced by the other Teacher in my classroom. I spent lots of time outside of work making my lesson plans but the Teacher just let the kids in our class free play all day. It was more like a day care and this made the kids misbehave but they had no real consequences. Structure and classroom management were absent through out the center. Kids were bribed with stickers and small toys. The tuition is very high and the school promises many learning experiences and activities but they were all just for show at the particular location I worked at.

Advice to Management

Management/owners need to purchase quality/nutritious food for the children that PAY TUITION to go to this "school". Do not buy junk food in bulk from Sam's or serve "magic bread". There needs to be more training and orientation. The Owasso location needs to follow the companies values

reviews filtered by
  1. Not happy but can't find another job

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only good reason to work at goddard is you don't have to work. At the goddard school I work at there are 4 teachers that do nothing all day every day. Nothing.

Cons

Owner just doesn't care. We work for years without a raise insurence very very high, owners chooses to close the week between Christmas and New Years and we have to use our own vacation time. We are required to attend meetings and training without being paid , state and federal law is all hourly employees are to be payed. I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

You need a director that has no friends that work there.no emotional attachment and can run the school. And start to care for the kids more then the bottom line.

2. It has been a great professional development experience!

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you love Early Childhood Education then this is the place to work.

Cons

Hard to say at this point in my employment there.