Stressful...

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The kids of course, staff is pretty friendly. Decent hours, and always get 40 hours per week.

Cons

Lead Teachers have A TON of work to do and do not always get the support they need to do it. Benefits are terrible and "QA" is ridiculous.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Loves the kids, disliked the management.

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with great teachers and wonderful kids and parents.

Cons

However, this is a franchise so every school is going to have a little bit of a different management. And that is the issue here. The director is pretty rude to the employees and made the day to day much more stressful than it is needed.

Advice to Management

Give appreciation to your teachers. They are who are keeping the kids enrolled in the school.

Very confusing

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Roswell, GA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff, wonderful kids, cool parents

Cons

Low compensation for the workload, terrible management

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to the teachers because they are the ones making the school go round; start by saying thank you at the end of the day. For the amount of work that is asked, between QA and state regulations, a raise is definitely needed AT LEAST once per year. Put more trust into the teachers and allow them to do their job and cut the micro-management out because that only makes everybody more stressed. I know that every school is different, but this particular Goddard has got to be the worst.

It sucks because you want to work there and teach and care for the kids, but management doesn't really want you too. The owner is clearly in it for the money and cares nothing for the school in general; employees, children, classrooms, etc. Children come and go, teachers come and go, it's just really pathetic. The owner doesn't even seem to care and she watches her business go down and does nothing but apply more pressure to the staff as if its our fault.

This particular owner charges $3 per catered lunch per child. Gets an order for let's say, 60 kids, purchases only 30 lunches (which is only half), divides 30 lunches to feed 60 kids, and pockets the rest. Very grimey and greedy. No raise or benefits for teachers, no appreciation, the playground is full of dirt with the worst equipment ever. They don't order supplies for our class; we have to purchase things ourselves and come back with a receipt and possibly get reimbursed in a timely manner. There are too many words I can use to describe how awful this school is. The only thing I can say is: STAY AWAY!!!!