The Goddard School

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Stressful...

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The kids of course, staff is pretty friendly. Decent hours, and always get 40 hours per week.

Cons

Lead Teachers have A TON of work to do and do not always get the support they need to do it. Benefits are terrible and "QA" is ridiculous.

164 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

Very confusing

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Roswell, GA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff, wonderful kids, cool parents

Cons

Low compensation for the workload, terrible management

Show more appreciation to the teachers because they are the ones making the school go round; start by saying thank you at the end of the day. For the amount of work that is asked, between QA and state regulations, a raise is definitely needed AT LEAST once per year. Put more trust into the teachers and allow them to do their job and cut the micro-management out because that only makes everybody more stressed. I know that every school is different, but this particular Goddard has got to be the worst.

It sucks because you want to work there and teach and care for the kids, but management doesn't really want you too. The owner is clearly in it for the money and cares nothing for the school in general; employees, children, classrooms, etc. Children come and go, teachers come and go, it's just really pathetic. The owner doesn't even seem to care and she watches her business go down and does nothing but apply more pressure to the staff as if its our fault.

This particular owner charges $3 per catered lunch per child. Gets an order for let's say, 60 kids, purchases only 30 lunches (which is only half), divides 30 lunches to feed 60 kids, and pockets the rest. Very grimey and greedy. No raise or benefits for teachers, no appreciation, the playground is full of dirt with the worst equipment ever. They don't order supplies for our class; we have to purchase things ourselves and come back with a receipt and possibly get reimbursed in a timely manner. There are too many words I can use to describe how awful this school is. The only thing I can say is: STAY AWAY!!!!

High quality preschool

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Suffern, NY
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Suffern, NY

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The high quality expectations make for a better environment for the children and staff. The teachers are loving, nurturing and caring. They make learning fun.

Cons

Long hours, low compensation.

Review Compensation for employees