The Goddard School

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Overworked Underappriciated

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher
Current Employee - Assistant Teacher

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very clean and high-quality school.
Wonderful supportive parents.
Hugs and kisses from children.

Cons

Way too much paperwork for all teachers including infant and toddler classes. No time is given for teachers to do the insane amount of work they have to do except when the children nap and children don't always nap. Fairly low pay in comparison to the amount of work expected. Unorganized management who does not respect teachers. This is an extremely high stress job and I feel that the management should have been more helpful to the teachers and assistants. There was quite a high turnover during the period that I was there.

Give more support to teachers and assistance. Appreciate your Staff more.
Do not involve yourself in gossip or office favoritism.
Be more organized in your schedule so the teachers know what to expect as far as breaks etc. Be in your office more so that teachers who call the office will get a response.

144 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

Very confusing

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Roswell, GA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff, wonderful kids, cool parents

Cons

Low compensation for the workload, terrible management

Show more appreciation to the teachers because they are the ones making the school go round; start by saying thank you at the end of the day. For the amount of work that is asked, between QA and state regulations, a raise is definitely needed AT LEAST once per year. Put more trust into the teachers and allow them to do their job and cut the micro-management out because that only makes everybody more stressed. I know that every school is different, but this particular Goddard has got to be the worst.

It sucks because you want to work there and teach and care for the kids, but management doesn't really want you too. The owner is clearly in it for the money and cares nothing for the school in general; employees, children, classrooms, etc. Children come and go, teachers come and go, it's just really pathetic. The owner doesn't even seem to care and she watches her business go down and does nothing but apply more pressure to the staff as if its our fault.

This particular owner charges $3 per catered lunch per child. Gets an order for let's say, 60 kids, purchases only 30 lunches (which is only half), divides 30 lunches to feed 60 kids, and pockets the rest. Very grimey and greedy. No raise or benefits for teachers, no appreciation, the playground is full of dirt with the worst equipment ever. They don't order supplies for our class; we have to purchase things ourselves and come back with a receipt and possibly get reimbursed in a timely manner. There are too many words I can use to describe how awful this school is. The only thing I can say is: STAY AWAY!!!!

High quality preschool

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Suffern, NY
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Suffern, NY

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The high quality expectations make for a better environment for the children and staff. The teachers are loving, nurturing and caring. They make learning fun.

Cons

Long hours, low compensation.

Review Compensation for employees