www.goddardschool.com
  www.goddardschool.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

Current Employee - Head Teacher
Current Employee - Head Teacher

I have been working at The Goddard School part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with children and watching them graduate.

Cons

.Need more field trips.to stimulate children

144 Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School (View Most Recent)

Great Kids and Parents... TERRIBLE Management!!

Former Employee - Former Lead Teacher in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Former Lead Teacher in Shawnee, KS

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The children are great, you learn a lot from them. Classrooms are clean and sanitary. Parents give great gifts to show their appreciation. If I had children, I would love for them to go there. Its obvious how its a great place for children to go to school.

Cons

They don't allow you to call in even if you have worked there for many years and never call in. Directors and Owners are rude. You have to ask for a review/raise every year. Bosses talk to you like you are a child. Only a select few are offered benefits, like 2 out of 35 teachers. Company says they are helpful and there for you, but they are not ever. They care more about the paperwork and business side of things instead of taking care of the children. if something doesn't look up to par, they make you fix it. If you don't like doing lesson plans, this isn't the place for you. QA is terrible. They look for the most minute things. Its all about how things look all of the time. If you have a funeral to go to, you better believe you wont get to go. They also don't get you the supplies you need for the classroom. Director talks to fellow teachers about other teachers. Not professional. If you have a problem with a parent/child, the office makes you call the parent to resolve the issue while still having to watch a classroom full of children.

Treat your employees better, appreciate them more! Tell them they are doing a good job. Give them perks! Treat others the way you want to be treated. Don't talk to them like a child. Offer ALL employees benefits, maybe they will stay longer! Have better communication, with EVERYONE!

Terrible experience, the children were the only thing that kept me going.

Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing kids and families, friendly co-workers, steady hours. After spending 40 hours a week with the same kids, it's very easy to become attached and form strong bonds with the kids and their families. The families were definitely very grateful for the effort and care that the teachers put into their jobs. Co-workers were all very friendly, although it was hard to get to know other teachers unless they were with similar age groups or your classrooms were close to each other. As a co-lead teacher I was guaranteed 40 hours a week, so a steady paycheck was nice.

Cons

Very low pay. For a full-time teaching position the pay was awful, I could easily make 2-3 times as much waiting tables. They offered to give me a 40cent raise when I graduated with a 4-year degree, I had to laugh at that! The owner was never on site, which left the director to run the school on her own. I actually saw the owner's family at the school more than the owner himself. The extremely overloaded director was very demeaning and often spoke to employees about other employees in very negative ways. Made for a toxic work environment. There was no time given to teachers to write 2 weeks worth of very tedious lesson plans every week, and I always had to use my lunch break or evenings at home to finish the work. Also, no stipends were given to pay for class decorations (which had to be updated every month, another thing that no had to be done during lunch or after we clocked out) or materials for lesson plans. Children were juggled from classroom to classroom to try to fit ratios, families were being lied to, and teachers were regularly forced work out of ratio. It was very sad for me to see that such great families were paying so much in tuition, but being kept in the dark about what kind of environment they left their kids in for 8 hours a day.

Value, respect, and be supportive of your employees. They are the ones that spend every single minute with the kids, and they are the ones delivering the care and education that keep a preschool/daycare going.

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School