Goddard School

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher
Current Employee - Preschool Teacher

I have been working at The Goddard School

Pros

It is a very laid-back environment and is an extremely awarding job! I look forward to going into work every morning. The hours are great too. 7-4, 8-5, or 9-6 Monday through Friday.

Cons

There is not really much room for moving up in the company unless you apply for a position in corporate.

Offer more personal feedback instead of just advice on how to appease DHS and child services. Also, offer raises to employees who deserve them.

Other Reviews for The Goddard School

Okay for a first or temporary job

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School

Pros

-In public schools, you may have 30 students. I taught kindergarten at The Goddard School, and the maximum amount of students I could have was 15.
    -It was easy to get to know everyone as it is a small school.
    -Good experience for teachers that have just graduated and need some experience

Cons

-The pay is AWFUL! When I started, lead teachers were offered anywhere from $9-12/hr. For someone that has a teaching degree, this is a very small amount of money to be made. I calculated that if I worked 40 hours a week 52 weeks a year, I would be making just over $20,000 a year. Pretty bad compared to an average teacher's beginning salary of $30-35,000 for 36 weeks.

Most Goddard Schools I know have a high turnover rate for teachers. The school is pretty expensive to attend, so paying the teachers a little more would help with the turnover rate.

Great place to work, great overall company

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Cumming, GA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I worked at this center, the management team was awesome, always appreciative and giving motivation to continue working hard. The other teachers were friendly and always willing to help. The center was a wonderful place to pull into everyday and I enjoyed going to work to see those beautiful kids' faces.

Cons

Could not find any cons when I was working there.

Keep on empowering and encouraging your team, they are what makes your center successful

There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School.

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!