There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

A ROOT CANAL WAS LESS PAINFUL...

I worked at The Hartford

Pros

Amount of PTO. Too bad there was NO work/life balance to actually enjoy it.

Cons

Out of touch divisional management that sat on the other side of the country, listening to the advice of local executives that were too arrogant and narrow-minded themselves to support any other departments but the ones they oversaw directly and ultimately "paid their pockets". No growth potential. Also, these local executives were ruthless in their actions unless you were one of their "favorites". And that was a good day. Out-dated technology. Unrealistic expectations of workload of each employee by management, hence, setting one up for failure. No consistency of training on products and processes if your division did not fall into reporting into local management.

Advice to Management

The top tier executives need to do the entire organization a huge favor and resign, and truly allow this company to not be run into the dirt. This company should be run by individuals that wants the organization to be managed efficiently and envisions the betterment of said organization by allowing it to change with the times, make money productively and retain their greatest assets - employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I love my job, but after the announcement of the pending sale, it is a time of holding breath and uncertainty.

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

Career satisfaction. Competitive compensation package.

Cons

New management decision to sell off the Life and Retirement divisions and decision to dump the Annuity division.

Advice to Management

Mistake to break up 200+ company and bow to the pressures from billionaire Paulson. Mistake to allow one individual to own such a large share of the company.

2. I am happy where I work

Current Employee - Utilization Review Nurse
    Current Employee - Utilization Review Nurse

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

I like that I can make my own hours and eventually work from home. I also like the way that a peron can lateral tranfer.

Cons

Right now the work load is very heavy and there isn't enough people working to ease the burden. It would be a benifit to have more nurses.

Advice to Management

The leadership is doing well with keeping the lines open. i would say to make sure leaders know how importnat it is is to have positive communication.