The Hartford

www.thehartford.com

Started amazing, company has lost everything that made it great. ***DO NOT APPLY HERE!

PL Underwriter (Current Employee) Southington, CT

ProsNone, anymore. Used to be a great company. Congratulations Board of Directors on driving this company into the ground, When can we expect YOUR resignation.

ConsShortsighted management, business direction, lack of culture, no career progression potential, cutthroat environment, weak Brand, lack of retention of superior talent, massive outsourcing. Zero commitment to employees. Zero desire to build future leaders. Middle management is busy protecting their jobs to affect needed changes. And the board of directors eats babies. Infighting... Operations assaults the budget of Underwriting. Senior UW's gets pulled to take service calls regularly. Thus who can easily flee, are doing so in droves.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales without strong underwriting and quality is an equation for disaster in an already difficult market. You have a retention problem. Gone is the company I was proud to work for.

The Hartford has offered many development opportunities.

Director (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The Company has offered great experience. Cons: The company is constantly changing. Advice to Senior Management: Let the company focus on strategy without massive change for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to gather initial working experience but have a 'plan B' after 2-4 years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

I worked at The Hartford

Pros: -Good benefits package. -Excellent PTO balance. -Respectful employees / people to… Cons: -Technology advancement is lacking. -Difficult to penetrate other departments or other area offices to learn different skill sets (no formal development plan to help you along… Advice to Senior Management: n/a More
There are newer reviews on The Hartford.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!