There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Started amazing, company has lost everything that made it great. ***DO NOT APPLY HERE!

Current Employee - PL Underwriter in Southington, CT
Current Employee - PL Underwriter in Southington, CT

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None, anymore. Used to be a great company. Congratulations Board of Directors on driving this company into the ground, When can we expect YOUR resignation.

Cons

Shortsighted management, business direction, lack of culture, no career progression potential, cutthroat environment, weak Brand, lack of retention of superior talent, massive outsourcing. Zero commitment to employees. Zero desire to build future leaders. Middle management is busy protecting their jobs to affect needed changes. And the board of directors eats babies. Infighting... Operations assaults the budget of Underwriting. Senior UW's gets pulled to take service calls regularly. Thus who can easily flee, are doing so in droves.

Sales without strong underwriting and quality is an equation for disaster in an already difficult market. You have a retention problem. Gone is the company I was proud to work for.

reviews filtered by

The Hartford

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Hartford, CT

I worked at The Hartford full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly management
    Excellent work/life balance, ability to work remotely
    Remote worker technology is cutting edge

Cons

-Crushing workload
    -Company is under extreme financial strain and is cutting back; subseuquently people are rightfuly fearful in the security of their position
    -Very limited upward mobility opportunity

2. Good people to work with

Former Employee - Ops Manager in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Ops Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at The Hartford full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In general, you get a chance to work with people who are down to earth. Colleagues are easy going. We also support to each other well.

Cons

I did not find any internal politics that normally bother. Some people may find that there is a lack of clear picture in term of career path within the organization.

It is good to see many people still get in touch with each other after they leave the company.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford