Okay company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Hartford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you can work from home

Cons

benefits are okay but could be better

Advice to Management

give more opportunity to advance

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I miss Working here!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at The Hartford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy and fun job in my opinion. They pay you very well and treat their employees with a great deal of respect. I cannot say enough about how great my co workers and trainers were. The trainers were there to help you every step of the way and answered every question you had and made sure everybody in the class was at the same pace and always caught up.

Cons

Job security sucked! I was there two months and I miss it. Moreover, with it being an insurance company, there are a lot of stupid and weird rules to follow when on the phone with customers and that can make customers angry and can cause stress especially when you are taking up to 100 calls a day. This did not bother me at all but it does for some. The Call Center environment isnt for everyone but I do enjoy it.

Advice to Management

Take me back! lol

YOUR CAREER IS EXPECTED TO LAST 2-7 YEARS ONLY

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santee, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santee, CA

I worked at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great at first. Great training. Great Salary. Great Benefits. Great co-workers.

Cons

Depending on your position, it is cheaper for them to re-hire and re-train, than to continue paying yearly raises, additional vacation pay, and, 100% vesting for 401k. They use psychological tactics, bullying, and mobbing practices by supervisors and managers designed to affect your work, and to make you leave, rather then let you go. , They will even withhold your work, or calls to make you fail. There are no laws to protect you from this behavior in the USA. If your in sales 5 -7years max, customer service, they expect 2 year attrition. for most, other wise 5-7 years. . Rating department seems a safe bet.

Advice to Management

Hire by contract, therefore allowing employees to move on, rather than use bullying and psychological attacks on them causing them great distress and even PTSD.. Well documented in the UK, and, Australia.