There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Claims Adjuster

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

you get a lot of assistance from managment

Cons

the compensation could be better

none

567 Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford (View Most Recent)

The Best Company to work for!

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent work environment - great people, great benefits, rewards and recognition, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Very busy in call center - could benefit from more time for daily team huddles for front line employees and time in between calls in mornings and daytime hours for both employee and customer experience. Technology - outdated and buggy internal computer programs and systems in call centers.

Continue to increase promotion from within the front-line call center operations up to management and executive management level roles. Front line leaders potentially have a thorough, comprehensive understanding of our business, our customers, our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats gained from daily interaction with the marketplace. They have that close view perspective and understand what it takes for operational efficiency to happen, as well as growth and customer satisfaction. With education, front line leaders can take on higher level, broader leadership roles in upper levels of the organization using their pperspective and experience sharing data across the organization. Their promotion will inspire front line employees who will reflect their inspiration in their daily interactions with our customers as the see many others advance before them. This potentially can make The Hartford one of the top celebrated companies to work for, with innovative insights shared at high levels om the organization, and faster, more clear decision making based on understanding of our customers, businesses, and what it takes to be efficient and deliber excellent financial performance.

Overall, a positive experience with growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong support for alternative work styles such as telecommuting. With some exceptions, achievement is rewarded financially. Has a leadership that is comfortable with change and is aggressively evolving.

Cons

Working for any public company ultimately puts Shareholder value ahead of Customer value. Forced distribution of employee ranking can result in some unintended bad management behavior. IT systems are a major inhibitor to innovation and progress.

Bite the bullet and spend the billions to re-invent the internal IT systems support infrastructure.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!