There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Clinical Intake Nurse

Former Employee - Clinical Intake Nurse in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Clinical Intake Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at The Hartford full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bonuses, benefits. Bonuses are handed out yearly based upon score of mid year & increasing those scores through the end of the year review. There is then a pool for the bonuses, depending on how many are still in the role the bonus may be bigger or smaller. Pay is great for LPN's low for RN'S. You have your own cubicle to take calls. Knowledge about disability and FMLA will increase.

Cons

No flexibility of your time. Can only make up a very limited amount of PTO time per month (under 5 hours). The PTO time does include sick days. If you have kids and family this position does not allow flexibility for work/life balance. There is no talking to peers through your day no interaction outside taking call after call. High stress to meet demands of call times, even though you can not control the other person on the other line. Moral can be low with the turn over rate. Training is not consistent base on the information received in the classroom then what it is on the floor.

Advice to Management

As a nurse it is very difficult to not have management that are not nurses. Explaining and presenting changes and critical thinking ideas are not considered and turned down. When making suggestions or questioning protocol you will be considered "rocking the boat" and they will look for reasons to let you go. I was in this position for 4 years and wanted to move onto case management. I had to jump through loops to finally be in the case management position. The dysfunction continued into the case management role. The grass is greener on the other side outside the disability division.

reviews filtered by

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good manager and lots of different kinds of jobs to move into.

Cons

Overall, lower salaries compared to other companies and not an energetic environment.

2. I had a very positive experience during my employment with The Hartford from 2003-2008. Great boss, wonderful team.

Former Employee - Career Advisor in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Career Advisor in Hartford, CT

I worked at The Hartford part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Healthy, buoyant culture. Very professional but relaxed work environment. Many people I met and worked with spent many, many years at The Hartford and developed close working relationships. I was blessed with an excellent manager (a respected HR leader with high integrity and a superb leadership and mentoring style.) Professional development is a high priority at The Hartford. I remain in touch with a number of Hartford colleagues many years later.

Cons

Honestly, my near 5 year tenure at The Hartford was a consistently positive experience.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford