Clinical Intake Nurse

Former Employee - Clinical Intake Nurse  in  Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Clinical Intake Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at The Hartford full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bonuses, benefits. Bonuses are handed out yearly based upon score of mid year & increasing those scores through the end of the year review. There is then a pool for the bonuses, depending on how many are still in the role the bonus may be bigger or smaller. Pay is great for LPN's low for RN'S. You have your own cubicle to take calls. Knowledge about disability and FMLA will increase.

Cons

No flexibility of your time. Can only make up a very limited amount of PTO time per month (under 5 hours). The PTO time does include sick days. If you have kids and family this position does not allow flexibility for work/life balance. There is no talking to peers through your day no interaction outside taking call after call. High stress to meet demands of call times, even though you can not control the other person on the other line. Moral can be low with the turn over rate. Training is not consistent base on the information received in the classroom then what it is on the floor.

As a nurse it is very difficult to not have management that are not nurses. Explaining and presenting changes and critical thinking ideas are not considered and turned down. When making suggestions or questioning protocol you will be considered "rocking the boat" and they will look for reasons to let you go. I was in this position for 4 years and wanted to move onto case management. I had to jump through loops to finally be in the case management position. The dysfunction continued into the case management role. The grass is greener on the other side outside the disability division.

Other Reviews for The Hartford

More work for less pay.

Current Employee - Claims Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, 'remote work' opportunities

Cons

High volume work load, (i.e., 50+/hr week), non-competitive salaries, inconsistent management

Good company

I worked at The Hartford

Pros

very relaxed environment, casual dress code which is a plus. Good compensation, excellent PTO program, I would suggest working here for the Hartford.

Cons

No cons really, I was let got for not listing a previous employer on my application that I had worked for. I honestly forgot about the job since it was so short. It took them about 3-4 months to complete my background check, which is when I was let go

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!