There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Stay away unless you are desperate

Former Employee - LTD Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
Former Employee - LTD Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pay is decent.

Cons

Constant changes and inconsistent messages leading to low employee engagement, subjective claim quality reviews with extremely high expectations and little management support, slow to identify problems and implement solutions. Little to no incentive for career progression.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and openly support and recognize your staff.

Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford

1. The Best Company to work for!

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment - great people, great benefits, rewards and recognition, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Very busy in call center - could benefit from more time for daily team huddles for front line employees and time in between calls in mornings and daytime hours for both employee and customer experience. Technology - outdated and buggy internal computer programs and systems in call centers.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase promotion from within the front-line call center operations up to management and executive management level roles. Front line leaders potentially have a thorough, comprehensive understanding of our business, our customers, our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats gained from daily interaction with the marketplace. They have that close view perspective and understand what it takes for operational efficiency to happen, as well as growth and customer satisfaction. With education, front line leaders can take on higher level, broader leadership roles in upper levels of the organization using their pperspective and experience sharing data across the organization. Their promotion will inspire front line employees who will reflect their inspiration in their daily interactions with our customers as the see many others advance before them. This potentially can make The Hartford one of the top celebrated companies to work for, with innovative insights shared at high levels om the organization, and faster, more clear decision making based on understanding of our customers, businesses, and what it takes to be efficient and deliber excellent financial performance.

2. Good Place to work at

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are great number of resources available to perform your job. Great amount of paid time off. The opportunity to work from home.

Cons

Limited amount of availability to take time off. Constant rescheduling of trainings and one-on-one's with manager.