There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Internship over the summer as a Product Manager in 2013. Came in looking to gain experience as a Product Manager.

Former Intern - Product Manager in Simsbury, CT
Former Intern - Product Manager in Simsbury, CT

I worked at The Hartford as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Good Team Environment
Company culture is solid and good work/life balance

Cons

Not technologically advanced (although trying). My computer ran extremely slow and it was running old Microsoft product versions. Also very minimal training was provided.

At the end of the summer, while they spoke to me many times about possible employment in the future, they never once contacted me about it after I left. A simple email explaining the 'No' would have been 1000% better than no communication at all. Very disappointed in the tactfulness of this lack of action.

reviews filtered by

No motivation to continue to improve.

Current Employee - AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance in Windsor, CT

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are good to work withe and the benefits are great.

Cons

The pay is low compared to other companies in the industry. You are promised the world as long as your numbers are good when you first start, but none of it ever happens. You can have the best numbers in the state (which I did at one time), but they will still not work with you on anything. Also seems that when you try to post out to another position in the company, it is harder if you are stellar at your current job. Turnover is extremely high because of the way that employees are taken advantage of.

In the call center, there are no breaks from the phone other than unit meetings, if these even happen at all. Half of the time it is too busy and they take them away. Also, call center employees do not feel like they are actually a part of the company. We are not allowed to go to any of the Town Hall Meetings because we have to stay on the phone. This makes you feel segregated from the rest of the company. I know that it is possible to ensure that other sites can pick up the slack during the short period of time so that employees can participate once in a while.

Hook, Line & Sinker...sucker

Former Employee - Policy Service Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Policy Service Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at The Hartford full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Monday thru Friday work week

Cons

Their 10:30am-7:00pm nonsense shift, training was not long enough to learn the job

Pay attention to the staff that you do have. There was too much time spent on "fitness" programs, wellness, work/life balance and trying to make a semi happy employee happier by pretending to fit the employees needs. There was very little time spent learning the material in training (8 weeks), training information was irrelevant once employees were actually in production and upper management of service center was too involved in their own issues to figure out that their staff was struggling.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford