There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

The Hartford

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Hartford, CT

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has been good to me. My career is on the rise and they are paying for me to go back to school.

Cons

Lots of changes of late but I am happy to still be here

Some better raises would be nice.

567 Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford (View Most Recent)

Place to build a career

Current Employee - Agency Care  in  Santee, CA
    Current Employee - Agency Care in Santee, CA

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent training and support as a new hire to set you up for success.The coworkers are friendly and suuportive and leadership seems genuinely dedicated to customers and their people. Most Managers have worked as Reps so they understand and can be very supportive. Great place to build your career with tuition reimbursement and promotions to different roles and management possible after a couple if years. Benefits are good, salary is OK but you can earn awards and incentives. Work from home option can be available after a year or two also.

Cons

Work can be challenging with lots of metrics about your performance. This is not a good place for just a job, more like a career place to come, learn and get advancement. Leaders serious about performance and will help you get ahead and be successful. Been there 3 yes and can say you will get out of it what you put in. Work hard and you can get good career advancement,help with tuition and hours that work for you. Lots of overtime available which can be a good thing if you like $.

Computer systems are s bit dated. Would like to see more remote work opptys. Overall great company, great people to work with and for.

Soured, betrayed, hurt, disappointed

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at The Hartford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None, anymore. You have to s**k up ( sell your soul) to mgmnt to move up

Cons

Mgmnt lies about "teamwork". The "little people" are underpaid and underappreciated. Yet they do the work necessary for their higher paid and better paid/treated co-workers in the same dept. My impression is that Liam is making all these changes, selling off parts of the company, "RIF"-ing to male only himself look good, get the extreme raises, then I bet my entire raise ( which was zero.......) that he will quit in about 3 years. He will have more money than God with which to retire. And the 20,000 people left in his wake, will suffer the consequences of his actions. Thank goodness I believe in Karma. I will survive the evil and darkness in his soul. Do not ever apply for a job at The Mighty Hartford, please......... Go elsewhere. Thank you for reading my review.

Please help me to understand: $495 Million dollar profit, Liam gets a 64% raise of $16.1 Million dollars, and this year I got a zero bonus and a zero % raise. Could some one in Home Office please reply to this to help me understand? I have worked over 30 years , 8 different employers, and have NEVER NOT received a raise. I have received several awards at The Hartford, yet this year, the pool of money allotted went to the higher salaried workers in my dept.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!