The Hartford

Comfortable, Secure Place to Work

Current Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

I've found The Hartford employees to be wonderful co-workers in a relatively laid back atmosphere. Most people remain with company for most of their careers. Benefits and salary are decent, and I've never felt that my job was in jeopardy. Vacation time is sufficient (everything is in a PTO bank, no differentiation between sick time and vacation time) with the option to purchase one more week a year during benefits elections.

If you are relocating, The Hartford offers a great relocation package for more experienced positions.

Cons

Although there is definitely potential for upward movement, sometimes it feels like you are fighting a losing battle with more senior co-workers.

Little to no opportunity for non-sales positions outside of Hartford, CT.

On-site amenties are lacking in my opinion. Childcare would be a great addition.

Do more team building activities in the workplace and/or during work hours. Incessant happy hours do not fulfill this need for people who don't drink, have long commutes (as many in CT do), or simply want to spend their time off with family.

719 Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford (View Most Recent)

Terrible Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

The hours are flexible and the workload is light. Most people are friendly and since the work is mindless, there is really no stress at all.

Cons

This is the worst possible position for anybody interested in learning and advancing their career. Everyone is miserable and the management micro-manages and treats people like they are children.

Have some level of faith in your employees. The competent employees should not be treated as children because management has made bad hiring decisions in many cases.

Good Place

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

-Good Management
    -Encouragement of Work/life balance
    -Good Benefits
    -Good communication and relationships

Cons

-Pay as compared to other companies is not the best
    -Some politics in the happend in the new york city office last year where a bunch of senior leaders left. However new management was appointed and the division rebuilt moral.

HIre people based on qualitifcations, not just becuase they are already a Hartford employee.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford